Last Updated: April 20, 2023
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Data Retention
- Our Security Practices
- External Links
- SMS Marketing
- Notice to California and Virginia Residents
- California’s “Shine the Light Law”
- Contact Us; Privacy Administrator
- Notification of Changes
2. Personal Information We Collect
The following are the categories and specific types of Personal Information we may have collected about you in the past 12 months:
- Personal and Online Identifiers. Examples include your full name, postal address, telephone number, email address, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, account name or other similar identifiers.
- Registration Information. If you sign up for an account on any of the Sites, you will be asked to provide information such as your name, username, password, email address, and date of birth, or, if you choose to connect via a third-party cable provider or streaming service (e.g., Amazon, Roku, Apple TV, Google Play), certain account information for such third-party cable provider.
- Payment Information (Sensitive Information). If you purchase products or Services through the Sites, you will be asked to provide payment card information so that we and/or our service providers may process your transaction, including the cardholder’s name, payment card number, CVV number, payment card expiration date, billing address, shipping address, and the recipient’s name, telephone number, and email address.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California or Federal Law. If you sign up for an account on any of the Sites, you will have the option of providing gender information.
- Usage Information. We collect information about you and your use of our Services, including regarding your activity, such as which games you watch and have watched, ads viewed (if applicable), search queries, and engagement with the YES Network Pick-N-Play game. Additional information that you provide to us, including through feedback, contact us forms, customer service phone calls (which may be recorded for quality assurance purposes, with your consent where required by applicable law), messages, emails, mail, messages in public chats, posts to public forums, blogs, or otherwise.
- Information You Share Publicly. Should you choose to upload, post, submit, or otherwise transmit information in connection with the Services to a public message board, chat area or other public area of the Sites, that information will be made public to users of the Services, including certain metadata related to such activities (such as timestamps). The decision to share such information is solely yours and you are solely responsible for any such information you choose to post on or through the Sites.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
In general, we will use Personal Information we collect about you for the following purposes:
Provide Our Products and Services. To manage your user account; provide you with the information, products, and Services that you purchase, request from us, or express interest in through our Services; process your payments for purchases and services; and send you communications related to your order.
Administer Offers and Promotions. To send you communications with special offers and promotions and to manage your participation in special offers and promotions.
Improve Our Products and Services. To ensure that content from our Services is presented most effectively to you and your device and to improve our existing products and Services, develop new products, services, and the Sites and increase customer satisfaction.
Services Administration and Development. To maintain, protect, and improve the Services, ensure the technical functions of our network, and improve and customize the content and appearance of the Services. This may include communicating with you, including sending messages about the availability of our Services, or other service-related issues.
Communications. To communicate with you, whether by email, direct message, social media, telephone, or in writing, to provide information about the Services, your account, our products, or Services, changes to our policies and terms, and to respond to your questions and feedback.
Marketing and Advertising. To send you advertising, including updates on our products and sales, to allow us and our partners to serve you targeted advertisements, and other promotional materials. We conduct promotional campaigns by email and text, with your consent where required by applicable law.
Legal Reasons. To meet legal requirements and enforcing legal terms, including:
- Fulfilling our legal obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order, or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting, and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
- Responding to valid legal process;
- Participating in legal proceedings, including litigation and civil discovery;
- Responding to requests from the government or law enforcement authorities;
- Investigating potential fraud or illegal activity;
- Protecting your, our, and others’ rights, property, and safety;
- Enforcing any agreements with you; and
- Resolving disputes.
Otherwise, With Your Consent. We may also use your Personal Information for any other purposes that you authorize.
5. Data Retention
We use the following criteria to determine our retention periods:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide Services to you (e.g., for as long as you keep using our Services);
- Whether we have a legal obligation to keep the data (certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (e.g., in regard to the enforcement of our agreements, the resolution of disputes, and applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigation).
6. Our Security Practices
We seek to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, organizational, and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Information and how we are processing that information. For example, your account preferences for the Sites are password protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas, we use industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
However, no system for safeguarding personal or other information is 100% secure and even though we have taken steps to protect your Personal Information from being intercepted, accessed, used, or disclosed by unauthorized persons, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. We take a number of steps to safeguard the security of Personal Information obtained through the Sites. However, we cannot guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our administrative, physical, or technical safeguards.
To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, you agree and acknowledge that YES will not be liable or responsible if any information about you is intercepted, accessed, and/or used by an unintended recipient. If you have reason to believe that the security of your communications or Personal Information has been compromised, please notify us immediately using the contact information below.
We do not knowingly collect and retain any Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 years without the consent of that child’s parent. If we learn that Personal Information of persons less than 13 years has been collected through our Sites, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child or a minor under the age of 13 years has posted, submitted, or otherwise communicated Personal Information to our Sites without your consent, please contact us at [email protected] so that we may take appropriate actions to remove the minor’s Personal Information from our systems.
We do not sell the Personal Information of children, including those under the age of 16 years. We do not knowingly “share” the Personal Information of minors under the age of 16 years.
9. SMS Marketing
If you consent to receive marketing communications made by text message from YES and the Sites, or from a third party acting on our behalf, messages may be sent on a semi-weekly basis and message and data rates may apply. Consenting to receive marketing communications is not required to obtain any good or service. If you do not want to learn about products and services we or our partners offer, you can visit yesnetworkhelp.zendesk.com for help and reply “STOP” to any text message to opt-out.
10. Notice to California and Virginia Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as revised by the CPRA, and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) provide California and Virginia residents respectively with certain rights regarding their Personal Information. This section explains these rights and how to make a verifiable consumer request to exercise those rights. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access to your Personal Information to us twice within a 12-month period, free of charge. You also may request a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information (if any), as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties.
- Right to access/know. You have the right to access and know the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information about you that we have collected, the categories of sources from which we have collected Personal Information about you, our business purposes for collecting Personal Information about you, and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared Personal Information about you. You may have the right to obtain the Personal Information about you that we have collected in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format.
- Right to correct. You may correct any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Information about you that we process.
- Right to Delete. You may delete any Personal Information about you that we process, subject to certain circumstances.
- Right to Opt Out of Processing (targeted advertising, sale, sharing and profiling). You may have the right to opt out of the processing of Personal Information about you for purposes of: (i) targeted advertising; (ii) the “sale” of Personal Information or “sharing” of Personal Information for cross-context behavioral advertising; and/or (iii) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal, or similarly significant, effects concerning you. We do not sell Personal Information to third parties in the traditional sense (i.e., for money). However, like many companies, we may share certain information with third parties (i.e., Adobe Analytics) through cookies or other trackers placed on the Sites for analytics and advertising purposes, including for delivering advertising to you (such as interest-based, targeted, or cross-context behavioral advertising). This may be considered a “sale” or “share” under the CCPA, CPRA, and/or VCDPA. You may opt out of the use of trackers on the Sites for such purposes by clicking the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link, which is also on our homepage, and setting your preferences. You will need to set your preferences from each device and each Site from which you wish to opt out. California residents may also set the Global Privacy Control (“GPC”) to opt out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information for each participating browser system that you use.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
California and Virginia residents may exercise the rights described above by submitting a verifiable request to us by using the information outlined in Section 11 “Contact Us; Privacy Administrator.” We will acknowledge your request within 10 business days, and either provide a substantive response or notify you of an extension period (up to an additional 45 calendar days) and reason therefore within 45 calendar days. If you are a Virginia resident and we deny your request, you may appeal our decision by emailing your request to [email protected]. Within 60 calendar days of receipt of an appeal, we will inform you in writing of any action taken or not taken in response to the appeal, including a written explanation of the reasons for the decision. If the appeal is denied, we will also provide you with an online mechanism, if available, or other method through which you may contact the Virginia Attorney General to submit a complaint.
Only you or an authorized agent (as described below) may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information.
- How to Authorize an Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to submit your verified consumer request on your behalf, only if the authorized agent has your written permission to do so and you have taken steps to verify your identity directly with us.
- How We Verify Your Request. To respond to your request under the CCPA, we must verify your identity or the authority of your authorized agent to make the request. We will only use the Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify your identity or the authority of your authorized agent to make the request. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
To allow us to verify your request, we will require that you provide at least two pieces of Personal Information we already have in our possession, such as name and email address. We will verify your consumer request by comparing the information you provide to information already in our possession, and take additional steps to minimize the risk of fraud.
A. Sensitive Personal Information
The CPRA and VCDPA consider certain types of Personal Information “sensitive” personal information or data and require additional data privacy rights and obligations. YES collects sensitive personal information, including payment card information, as described in Section 2 “Personal Information We Collect,” which may be considered sensitive personal data. Where required by law, we will obtain your consent before processing your sensitive personal data. We will only use your sensitive personal data for limited purposes, such as to provide YES products and Services; for the development of products and Services; for authentication, integrity, security, and safety reasons; to communicate with you; for legal reasons; and with your consent. If you have any questions about our handling of sensitive personal data or to withdraw your consent, please contact [email protected].
11. California’s “Shine the Light Law”
Subject to certain limits under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. California residents may make one request per calendar year. To make this request, you may contact us at the email address listed in Section 11 “Contact Us; Privacy Administrator.” In your request, please state that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please allow up to 30 days for a response. We reserve the right not to respond to such requests submitted to addresses other than those specified in Section 11 “Contact Us; Privacy Administrator” below.
12. Contact Us; Privacy Administrator
You can also contact us by writing to the following address:
Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network, LLC
200 Park Avenue, 12th Floor, Suite B
New York, NY 10166
13. Notification of Changes