More than 10 billion minutes of New York Yankees game coverage was consumed on the YES Network and the YES App during the 2022 regular season, as the network enjoyed its best Yankees season in 11 years.
YES’ 2022 Yankees Highlights:
- YES averaged 368,000 Total Viewers for its Yankees games in the New York DMA, a 27% year-over-year increase (290,000); this marks YES’ best Yankees season since 2011.
- YES’ Yankees games averaged more than 694,000 Unduplicated Total Viewers per game.
- YES’ primetime Yankees games averaged 406,000 Total Viewers, beating the primetime rotation schedules of all other broadcast and cable networks in the New York DMA during the regular season.
- YES’ primetime Yankees games ranked #1 in the New York DMA in Total Viewers for 32 of 43 consecutive games at the end of the season.
- Forty-five Yankees games on YES averaged at least 400,000 Total Viewers, vs. nine such games last season. Eleven games this season averaged at least 500,000 Total Viewers and six averaged at least 600,000 Total Viewers.
On The YES App…
- Nine out of the eleven most-streamed games ever on the YES App occurred in the last four weeks of the 2022 Yankees season
- Five games this season generated more than 100,000 unique viewers on the app
- 39% increase in average unique viewers over 2021
- 37% increase in daily active users during Yankees season over 2021
- 33% increase in total streaming hours over 2021
- 25% increase in average daily app registrations over 2021