Careers at YES
Marketing ManagerThe YES Network, the #1 Regional Sports Network in the country, seeks a passionate and creative Marketing Manager to join its team in NYC. Working collaboratively, this position supports the sales, marketing and promotional efforts for YES Network and contributes to short and long-term planning. It is responsible for executing consumer-facing marketing initiatives while serving as a liaison with key stakeholders, including internal departments (ad sales, production, digital, PR), team partners, corporate marketing and third-party vendors.
SALES & MARKETING:
- Project Management: Serve as project manager and liaison with sales, production and team partners, internal departments, and corporate marketing and third-party vendors. Prepare summaries; pitch and recap decks and proof of performance reports. Ensure cohesive brand identity in all collateral.
- On-site Activations: Manage and oversee day-to-day responsibilities of all on-site activations; including scheduling, premium procurement, on-site supervision, coordination and identifying opportunities.
- Off Air Media: Manage all off-air marketing efforts; including idea creation, budgeting, planning, implementation and coordination with partners and vendors.
- Consumer Promotions: Coordinate and track all consumer and sales promotions; including idea creation, execution, working with legal to establish rules, regulations and fulfillment of campaign.
- Digital: Manages and assists efforts for Digital Sales including content for social needs as well branded opportunities with our digital content platform.
- Sales: Update and manage all sales collateral including decks, one-sheets, info-graphics, sizzle reels and digital media kit. Work on year-round, category specific "Unique to YES" concepts and events. Ideates and manages client facing elements and collaborates with the Sales group to optimize concepts and focused efforts.
- Affiliate: Work closely with Distribution Team to prepare and manage marketing/digital efforts for all distribution campaigns. Work with on-air promotions and research teams to build presentations when needed.
- YES App: Conceptualize and implement CREATIVE GROUP:
- Project Management: Communicate and execute weekly cross platform marketing plan to internal departments. Oversee one-off projects as they are presented.
- On-Air: Work with Director of On-Air Promos to ideate big marketing launch campaigns with players and network talent. Scout shoot locations, aid in script writing and set design, act as producer on-site and oversee final delivery of the promo.
- Team Partner Asset and Relationship Management: Work closely with each NBA/MLS/MLB team partner; implement all contractual marketing items, participate in status calls, foster strong collaboration and build solid relationships. Manages strategic planning for Networks and Team partner's promotions for on-air promotions. Determines and approves marketing elements for inventory provided by team/conference rights agreements. Provides comprehensive reports as needed by VP or GM.
- Knowledge of broadcast sports is a plus.
- Social Media: Work closely with VP's, Director of Communications and Director of Digital to support various social media promotional efforts; including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok. Ideate reoccurring sponsorable digital franchises to brand. Foster and maintain relationship with key social media influencers to help amplify YES' digital and marketing efforts.
- Intern Management: Oversee and manage marketing interns; including selection and workload delegation/management.
- Manage promotional inventory and audits.
- Conduct trend research and Competitive and Enhancement Monitoring and Analysis.
- 3-5 years previous television marketing or professional sports team experience is necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
- Strong organizational and project management skills are required.
- Superb oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are required. The candidate must be able to lead conversations and provide excellent, professional email communication with local team partners and business/community organizations.
- Must be creative and have ability to communicate creative ideas to others. The ability to multitask and work effectively with changing priorities and deadlines is essential.
- Superior attention to detail is needed as well as excellent relationship building skills.
- Strong knowledge of regional sports teams and thorough understanding of media landscape with working knowledge of sports, including MLB, NBA and MLS is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is necessary. Knowledge of Photoshop is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the latest graphics and editing hardware and software is needed.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO [email protected]
YES Network, the most-watched regional sports network in the country in 15 of the past 17 years, owns the exclusive local TV rights of the 27-time World Champion New York Yankees, the Brooklyn Nets, Major League Soccer's New York City FC and the WNBA's New York Liberty. YES, which has earned 118 Emmy Awards since its 2002 launch, also televises original biography, interview and magazine programs, college sports and Manchester City soccer. YES has made the list of Forbes' top 10 most valuable sports business brands in the world for nine straight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.