Careers at YES
Director of Finance
YES Network, the No. 1 Regional Sports Network in the country, seeks a Director of Finance. This position is responsible for the monthly close, quarterly reporting, annual budgeting and long-range plan preparation. The role includes managing the reconciliation and submission of financial results (compared to budget, forecast, prior year and LRP), as well as the review of the weekly Ad Sales Pacing and various operational reports.
The ideal candidate will become a strategic partner with the Senior Vice President of Finance and establish strong working relationships with various operating departments: Ad Sales, Programming and Production Operations and Marketing. As a key member of the Finance team, the Director of Finance will be responsible for tracking key performance targets, identifying potential performance risks and opportunities, and understanding the overarching trends of the business.
This position is based in New York City, with the ability to work/commute to the Production office in Stamford, Connecticut.
- Complete the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Organizing meetings and gathering information from operating groups, including Sales and Research, Programming and Production, and Marketing, and preparing financial deliverables.
- Complete various financial reporting requirements, which include month-end reporting, weekly ad sales pacing reporting, cash flow management and analysis.
- Understand and investigate significant variances vs Budget/Forecast/Prior Year and determine breakout of permanent vs. timing variances.
- Collaborate with various operating groups: Ad Sales, Programming and Production Operations, and Marketing. Cross-functional collaboration includes providing supporting analytics and identifying potential performance risks and opportunities.
- Assist in the development and supervision of the Finance Team; along with ad hoc support of Ad Sales and Traffic (revenue and inventory management).
- Support the Production department by analyzing and tracking costs against approved work order events and ensuring monthly and forecasted reporting is accurate.
- Other ad hoc responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant finance/accounting experience.
- Media/entertainment background a plus.
- Strong experience in developing and reporting business performance metrics.
- Strong design and typography skills required.
- Outstanding Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Prior supervisory experience.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO [email protected]
YES Network, the No. 1 Regional Sports Network in the country, features the 27-time World Champion New York Yankees, the Brooklyn Nets, MLS' New York City FC and WNBA's New York Liberty. In addition, YES televises live college sports events, as well as original biography, interview and magazine programs, classic Yankees games, and a live simulcast of ESPN Radio's The Michael Kay Show weekday afternoons.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.