Chris Carter's top 10 longest home runs of 2016Looking for a reason to watch a bunch of 400-foot moonshots? Here you go:
In 2016, only Nolan Arenado of the Colorado Rockies matched Carter's home run output among NL hitters, as both finished the season with 41 bombs.
According to ESPN Home Run Tracker data, Arenado's "average true distance" on his 41 round-trippers was 407.8 feet, with Carter's clocking in at 411.2 feet.
Of Carter's 41 dingers on the year, 29 traveled at least 400 feet. That kind of power is rather uncommon, to say the least, which is why the Yankees jumped at the chance to acquire a player with that kind of home run potential at such an inexpensive price tag.
The average Major League salary in 2016 was $4.4 million, and the Yankees have (reportedly) just added the reigning NL home run co-leader for about a million bucks less than that.
While it remains unclear just how much Carter will see the field in a Yankees uniform or what his impact will be, fans can still get excited about watching the awesome power of a 6-foot-4 slugger like Carter, so here's a perfect opportunity to do just that.
Chris Carter's 10 Longest Home Runs of 2016
10) July 31 - Pirates vs. Brewers, Miller Park
Pitcher: Francisco Liriano | Distance traveled: 429 feet
9) June 7 - Athletics vs. Brewers, Miller Park
Pitcher: Sean Manaea | Distance traveled: 432 feet
8) May 3 - Angels vs. Brewers, Miller Park
Pitcher: Nick Tropeano | Distance traveled: 433 feet
7) September 30 - Brewers vs. Rockies, Coors Field
Pitcher: Chad Bettis | Distance traveled: 434 feet
6) May 19 - Cubs vs. Brewers, Miller Park
Pitcher: Jason Hammel | Distance traveled: 434 feet
5) May 5 - Brewers vs. Reds, Great American Ball Park
Pitcher: J.J. Hoover | Distance traveled: 434 feet
4) September 17 - Brewers vs. Cubs, Wrigley Field
Pitcher: Spencer Patton | Distance traveled: 436 feet
3) August 10 - Braves vs. Brewers, Miller Park
Pitcher: Joel De La Cruz | Distance traveled: 439 feet
2) May 15 - Padres vs. Brewers, Miller Park
Pitcher: Cesar Vargas | Distance traveled: 443 feet
1) August 19 - Brewers vs. Mariners, Safeco Field
Pitcher: Wade LeBlanc | Distance traveled: 456 feet