NEW YORK – AUGUST 2, 2023 – The WNBA announced Thursday afternoon that New York Liberty forward Breanna Stewart has been named the Kia WNBA Eastern Conference Player of the Month for July.
Through the Liberty’s 11-game July slate, where the team finished 9-2 en route to the best start in franchise history, Stewart posted a league-best 24.5 points per game along with 8.4 rebounds and 3.3 assists per contest on 45.3% from the field, 41% from three, and 87.8% at the line.
Breanna’s record-breaking month included the following milestones:
- Set the Liberty franchise record for most career 40-point games with her 43-point performance on July 5.
- Became the first player with multiple 40-point games in a season since 2018.
- Recorded the second-ever game of at least 40 points, 12 rebounds, and five assists in WNBA history.
- Solidified herself as the fastest Liberty player to 500 points as a member of the franchise.
- Became the first player with a 25-point, five-rebound, five-assist half on July 27.
- Totaled the second-ever 30-point, 10-rebound, five-assist, zero-turnover game.
- Joined *_Maya Moore *_as the only players to have recorded 500 points, 200 rebounds, and 50 made threes through their first 25 games of the season on July 30. Moore did so in her MVP year in 2014.
This monthly honor is Stewart’s fifth of her career, her second of the season, and the 15th all-time in Liberty history.